Monday, August 01, 2005
Thursday, June 23, 2005
"కదలక మెదలక ఉండేది సమ్మేళణం
కధలకి నిధులకి చేసింది ప్రారంభం
విధులకు సెలవు , సభలకు నెలవు
సుధలను కలుపు , లేదిక కలుపు
'నీలు'గిరి చిలక మధువులు చిలక
విజయం మాదే విజయం మాదే కడదాకా !"
ఈ బ్లాగు కొంచము "సమ్మేళణ్" కి డబ్బా కొట్టెది గా వున్నా,
కవి హృదయాన్ని ఆవిష్కరించటానికి ప్రయత్నిస్తే , చాలా బావుంది.
కాల క్రమము లొ దిన్ని మరచి పొకుండా ఉండటానికి కొంచము విడదీసి రాస్తున్నాను.
"కదలక మెదలక ఉండేది సమ్మేళణం
కధలకి నిధులకి చేసింది ప్రారంభం"
మా గ్రూపు చాలా నిస్సారముగా కొంత కాలము క్రితము ఉండేది,
కాని ఇప్పుడు చాలా మంచి కధలు ప్రారంభించింది అని కవి భావన.
"విధులకు సెలవు [ ఆఫిసు లొ పని మాని ] సభలకు నెలవు [ యాహూ conference lu]
సుధలను కలుపు [ అమృతము ఇచ్చు] , లేదిక కలుపు [ కలుపు అంటె waste ... లేదిక waste]"
'నీలు'గిరి చిలుక [ మా లోకము కధానాయిక] మధువు [కధానాయకుడు]లు చిలక [చిలకరించగా]
విజయం[కధానాయకుడు] మాదే విజయం మాదే కడదాకా [ మీరే చెప్పాలి] !"
కలదు బలము,,, కలము బలము
"కలమ"ను బలము మన సమ్మేళణం
"మనమే" ధనము, మౌనము విడుము,
విజయమే "మన"ము, "మన"మే విజయము....
కలదు బలము ,,, కలము బలము
[we have strength, the strength of pen]
"కలమ"ను బలము మన సమ్మేళణం
[The strenght of BEING TOGETHER is SAMMELAN]
"మనమే" ధనము,మౌనము విడుము
[Mind is the true wealth, I used silence as a mark of non-joyous feeling. So leave the dullness and start enjoying in Mind. That is the true wealth..]
విజయమే "మన"ము, "మన"మే విజయము....
[Left for Readers imagination again...]
Sunday, June 19, 2005
I have been asked why I have chosen Vijay and Madhu to be the characters of version 1. The intention was definitely not to portray any living character but the ease of typing. I am a beginner in typing telugu and obviously the first preference is to miminize the number of keystrokes since these will be the mostly used words. Vijay is congruent to విజయ్ and so is Madhu to మధు.
For now, there are four episodes already of the story and the story is taking interesting twists and turns. Hatsoff to all authors and the authors in pipeline. Sammelan is a rich community. yes. Sammelan is a very RICH community
Friday, June 17, 2005
Hero: Nenu Coffee taaganu.
Heroine: Enduku ?
Hero : naaku nachchadu.
Heroine: Taagitene kada ... nachchedo ledo telisedi.
(Hero falls for it and drinks)
That sounds logical. But you can't say the same thing about drinking poison.
If someone can know whether Coffee (Or Poison) tastes good without actually drinking, he is called intelligent.
Certainly experiences teach lessons.
But not all,some lessons does not need experiences.
Some lessons can't be learnt with experiences. They are just left to fate.
Marriage is one such :) (Love, Arranged, Fixed ,Gaadarva Vivaham prefixes/suffixes).
Madhu's Matrix finish...
my content generation program continues......................
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
Friday, June 10, 2005
Su Kauphy : Mix water with nicely cut ginger and boil the mixture for sometime. 10 minutes of extensive boiling gives you a brown soup that is good for health, cold and taste.
Akki Roti: Riceflour, chopped onions, green chillies and salt in a mixture with water can give you instant rotis with good taste. Ofcourse you need a frying pan and a deep fry with Aavakaaya is a terrific combination.
Nannari Juice: A special anantapur juice good for health. Unfortunately Nagendra does not know how to prepare this recipe. But he keeps talking of the nutrients it has. Need to try this when passing by this district.
Holige: Called popularly as "Bobbatlu" in coastal andhra pradesh are a speciality for some festivals. Sengapappu boiled and(Bengal Gram), jaggery grinded to a paste when put in the middle of a maida roti and heated is an awesome taste...
Anna daata SukhIbhava....
Tuesday, June 07, 2005
Sri Balamurali Krishna gaaru has excelled like always in this form of music
clearly emphasizing that the indian system of music can fuse into melody with any
other form of music..
"Music is Divine whether it is Eastern or Western"
Monday, June 06, 2005
Watching two very expected Telugu Movies on their first day and first show.
Many people talk of the passion and the feelings Telugu audience have for movies in general and their heroes in particular. Being part of such
an audience is an experience for life.Frankly, nothing is so special about the
movies and the story line they comprise of. They are all based on a very proven formula of satisfying all elements( Perhaps not!!!) with a good mixture of family drama, sentiment, factionaism, heroism of the villan public rashing/trashing/smashing their sumos. Nothing has changed the industry and nothing can change it. It is formulae that matter and mass sentiments that count. I am not sure what this is proving of our movies in the National scene but some dont have regrets on this( may be rightly so!). People have varied tastes and this is our taste.
So, if you gonna a direct a Telugu movie its very easy. Here is my sample script and notes to direct a telugu Block Buster.
1. Engage a popular hero and book his dates in advance.
2. Tell the hero that you are in talks with a star producer.
3. Talk to the producer that a popular hero is interested in your script.
4. Call for a meeting: yourself, hero and the producer particpating.
5. Explain the script.
6. Hero suggests some changes based on his image in the public.
7. Absorb the changes and modify the story.
8. Producer suggests some changes to incorporate some sumo scenes.
9. Absorb the changes and change the story.
10. Hero and Producer enquire about heroines.
11. Depending on the budget, select one to three heroines.
12. Call them up ,if in mumbai, or email them if they are international.
13. Get their dates by explaining them that a popular hero wants to act
with them and that she is the only Heroine in the movie.
14. Decide on a music director and tell him to compile
a Title song, a Mass number, a Melody,a Duet with the primary heroine [ A primary heroine is one whom Hero loves for the most part of the film], a multistarrer( Hero + 1-3 heroine) and a sentimental slow number.
15. The music director goes to his computer, feeds the requirements and
the computer comes up with the tunes.
16. Go to two lyricists , one whose speciality is lyrics and the other whose
speciality is writing double meaning dialogues and words.
17. Ask the classic lyricist to write 6 songs for the above tunes.
18. Once the songs are ready, give the songs to the second lyricist.
19. Second lyricist CORRECTs the songs with necessary double meanings.
20. Approach well known singers and record the songs.
21. Appoint technicians at will.
22. Consult an art-director and build a CHARMINAR kind of monument to be
burnt in the climax of the movie.
23. Invite celebrities for the movie muhurtam.
24. Appoint a production manager to coordinate call sheets.
25. If an artist does not come up, change the story. Never mind, the story
is what you tell the viewer.
26. Change the order of scenes to have some suspense in the movie.
27. Create hype by not showing hero's face for sometime in the movie.
28. Introduce your heroines when a song is needed.
29. Minimize the budget of heroine clothes.
30. Have a dance director who can SHOW OFF things.
31. If the story line is boring, get the call sheets of some of the many commedians
32. Tell them you need 3-5 comedy scenes.
33. Record the scenes.
34. Carefully plant them at boring places in the movie. They may not be related to
the story of the movie.
35. In the mean time, arrange for visas to either NewZEALand or Swiss depending on the budget.
36. Go to their public parks and spoil their privacy.
37. Hire some beggers there and have them dance in the back ground.
38. Come back to India and hire a professional Adobe engineer.
39. Change the story to introduce some good graphics in scenes.
40. If you thought something was impossible shooting, ask the engineer
to create the scene for you.
41. Hire some dubbing artists and get good dubbing. Dont compromise here.
42. Edit the movie to get an asynchronous, non-monotonous, hillarious, factionious, sentimental family drama.
43. Invite a press conference.
44. Announce that this is the first movie of this kind.
[First because the combination of the actors and the order of scenes is the first
of its kind permutation]
45. Bloat the press with audio release functions, wall posters. Hype in TV media is a must.
46. Announce the release date.
47. Dont release it on the release date.
48. Release the movie next day.
49. First day , First Shohw - A poor viewer is ready in the queue......
Thursday, April 28, 2005
An Appreciation certificate signed by TN Chaturvedi, Governer of Karnataka, made me more happy as I was not expecting it.
Wednesday, April 27, 2005
1. There should be 4 players to play this game. A,B,C,D
2. They are divided into 2 teams , say A,C are team1 and B,D are team2.
3. A,B,C,D sit in clockwise direction in the same order.
4. In the first TURN, A has to choose some word X and conveys this secretly to B.
5. B then gets the chance and can choose any word Y , either directly related to X or it can be anything random. Lets say X is "Mango". B can choose Y as "Apple" , "Tendulkar" or "Titanic" or anything.
6. Now B has to ask a question. This question is of the form "X or Y" or "Y or X" depending on his interest. Nothing more is allowed in the question.
7. Objective of C is to guess what his team mate A would have chosen.
Note: You must remember that it was B who had the luxury of choosing Y and questioning. So B has to be smart enough to keep the other option Y in such a way that C cannot easily make out what A has chosen just listening at the question.
8. Once C has guessed, D has to guess the answer. D has to guess the choice which his parter B has chosen.
9. Once C and D have guessed , the answers are announced. (A,C) would get 1 point on a correct guess and (B,D) would guess 0. (A,C) would get 0 points if incorrect and (B,D) would get -1.
10. Now the game goes to TURN 2 the same steps are followed with B telling the word to C and D guessing it followed by A.
Sunday, April 24, 2005
This link really helped me.
I played Age of Empires after that and it was awesome...The thrill of it inspired my room mate to buy a desktop in next one week's time :-)
Tuesday, April 19, 2005
Does somebody have answers for all these questions ? I wish so.
The Indian and Vedas have always given me enough question marks on the cultural heritage we have today. Amid lot of so called "Intellectual discussions" with my friends, I have come across arguments that lead to the same old question of believing in the concept of "Yugas/ Vedas/ GOD ". The "Avastha " state of mind always left me in a dilemma as to accept certain basic assumptions on which our sciences are based. I have never questioned myself though on the very aspect of the amount of knowledge imbibed in the Vedas, but I have my own doubts as to its interpretation. "History is written by Winners". I believe in this misinterpretation and the exploitation of the knowledge over times. The purpose of my blogging here is to remind myself on these haunting questions and understanding of
the true vedic knowledge.
Astrology to me looks to contain the scientific knowlege I can correlate easily .
Some intial googlings to learn vedic astrology
www.vedamu.org also seems to provide good information.